The winery has been committed to the highest quality for 200 years.
The story begins in 1823, when the young craftsman Johann Lageder started trading in wine in Bozen. His successors began to press wine themselves and acquired some vineyards. Alois III, great-grandson of the founder, recognized the diverse climatic conditions of South Tyrol as a strength and in 1934 bought the Löwengang estate in Margreid, in the southern part of South Tyrol. Other winegrowers soon began entrusting him with grapes. Alois III died unexpectedly in 1963 when Alois IV was only 12 years old. So his wife Christiane and his eldest daughter Wendelgard managed the winery until Alois IV in the mid-1970s, together with his sister Wendelgard and her husband and oenologist Luis von Dellemann, started the winery with a strict quality course and innovative methods in the vineyard and cellar position.
Today, the 50 hectares of family-owned vineyards are cultivated biodynamically.
The Alois Lageder family winery in South Tyrol cultivates 55 hectares of family-owned vineyards according to the principles of biodynamic agriculture.