Il Palagione is a historic estate, first mentioned in 1594, and is located along the scenic road that connects San Gimignano to Volterra. The old farm house, perched on top of the hill, is listed in the land register as a building of particular historic value, with the features of rural construction remaining unchanged; until the middle of the 20th century, the house was the home of several farm laborer families who worked in the surrounding fields. Our family bought the property in 1995 in order to expand and manage it again as a winery.
In a short time the old main building was renovated and new vines were planted in the original old vineyards. (1997/2001).
Then the winery was built (2001), equipped with the latest technology to process the grapes extremely gently and with high quality. Below the winery is a vaulted cellar, in which the wine matures in the oak barrels under optimal and best natural conditions, just like the wine that has already been bottled.